Hello friends! Hope you are having a fabulous Friday! TGIF!!!
Today, I’d like to share this colorful watercolor card with you. The bird stamp is called “A New Day” from WPlus9, and it’s perfect if you like to water color just like I do! 🙂 Dawn at WPlus9 is a genius in water coloring, so I guess it’s not a surprise that her stamps are great for that.
Here is step by step how I created this card:
- First, I stamped the image with Versafine Black Onyx Ink on the Canson XL water color paper and heat set it with Wow! Ultrafine Clear embossing powder. This embossing powder is my favorite clear embossing powder to heat set images with fine details.
- I colored the image with Peerless Watercolors and the Pentel waterbrush. The blue highlight around the image was colored with Tim Holtz distress inks. The colors I used are all listed at the end of this post.
- Then I stamped the sentiment. I picked up this fabulous woodblock stamp last weekend from Hobby Lobby (manufacturer is Hampton Art). It was supposed to be 40% off, but the discount wasn’t applied at the register. Don’t you hate it when that happens? Ugh! But I love this stamp regardless! I did also stamp the sentiment and heat set it with the same products I used for the bird image.
- I felt like the card needed a “frame”, so I drew the lines around the image with the micron pens with .5 tip. This is something I learned during the 30day coloring challenge hosted by Kathy Racoosin. Are you guys ready for the new February coloring challenge? Well, I am!
- I adhered the water color front panel on the black card base with the 3M foam tape, and finished the card by adhering some droplets from Pretty Pink Posh with multi medium matte adhesive.
Thank you for visiting HandmadebyJLY!
Have a fabulous weekend, everyone!
Please do not hesitate to ask me any other questions should you have!
You can do so by leaving comment below, or you can reach me at Instagram. My Instagram id is @skycookiemom .
Peerless watercolors I used:
for the bird: Japonica Scarlet, Blood Red, Brilliant Yellow, Cobalt Blue, Turquoise Blue, Pearl Gray, and Warm Sepia
for the tree: Mahogany Brown, Sepia Brown, Olive Green, Chrome Green, and Alizarine Red
Distress inks for the blue outline: Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean.