Hello friends! Today is Day 3 of the January release Day 3!
There is Facebook Sneak Peek hop and giveaways for the New Release! Go to https://www.facebook.com/craftindesertdivas to join the fun and hop along!
I have created 2 cards for today, using CDD’s new stamp set called “Lovies” and a mini gopher stamp set called “Popped Up.”
- For this card, I chose the giraffes out of many adorable animal couples from the set. I stamped the giraffe couple image on Neenah Solar white 80lb. cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, fussy cut, and colored it with copic markers. I gave it a little more interest by adding some dots with white Gelly Roll pen and glossy accents on the hearts.
- For the background, I used the negative part the “Hearts of Hearts” (CDD January release) as stencil. I smooshed Versamark and heat embossed in Gold Tinsel. I also stamped and heat embossed the sentiment “I adore you” the same way, and rounded all 4 corners with the Corner Chomper.
- I prepared the 4.25″x5.5″ Neenah 110lb card base by coloring the edges with pink color Copic Maker, swiped the edges with Versamark and heat embossed in Gold Tinsel.
- I wrapped the background panel with gold embroidery thread and adhered it on the card base with the foam tape. Then I adhered the giraffes, and the gold heat embossed sentiment “It’s not a stretch to say” in the middle.
- I finished the card by adding some “Bubble Gum” Glitter Sprinkles and glossy accents.
“Popped Up” card:
- For this card, I stamped the gopher image from CDD new release mini stamp set “Popped Up” on Neenah Solar White 80lb. cardstock, fussy cut, and colored with Copic Markers.
- I used CDD’s “Stiched in Circle” Dies and “Banner” Dies to create the frame for the shaker. I colored the scallop frame with Copic Makers and put white dots around with white Gelly Roll pen.
- I stamped the sentiment on the acetate window with Staz-on black ink.
- I put foam tape around the frame, filled it with “Sweetness” Sequin Mix, and sealed it with the patterned paper. The patterned papers I used on this card are from the 6″x6″ paper pad called “Sweet Things“(available at CDD shop).
- I adhered the stripe patterned paper 4.25″x5.5″ on the Neenah 110b. card base. Then I adhered the shaker and the gopher on the card.
- I finished the card by adding some “Bubble Gum” and “Cupcake” Glitter Sprinkles. I also tied twine on top of the card.
I hope you enjoyed my cards today! Stay tuned for CDD’s January Release Blog Hop this Friday and Saturday! (1/22 &1/23/16)