Hello Everyone! Hope you are having an awesome day!
I would like to share this card I made using Ellen Hutson’s “Mondo Hydrangea” stamp set.
The Mondo Hydrangea is so beautifully illustrated, I can’t stop coloring this beauty! And Hydrangea happens to be one of my favorite flowers along with Plumeria and Cala Lilies. 🙂
I already had colored this live on Periscope maybe a week ago, and was finally able to finish this card yesterday. A wonderful friend of mine sent me a jar of European embossing powder (Artemio in Silver Snow). I was immediately in love with this powder when I saw it on my friend’s project. So when the powder finally arrived all the way from Belgium, I just had to try it right away! 🙂
Here is the card:
Here is how I made this card:
- I first stamped the hydrangea in 4 corners on standard A2 size Arches 140lb. watercolor paper with Versamark ink. I heat embossed with WOW Super fine White embossing powder and Wagner heat tool.
- I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens to drop some colors near the center of the flowers and blended out with Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen. The colors I used are: Violet & Purple for the petals, Light Violet for the center of the flowers, and Light Green and Deep Green for the stems.
- I accidentally smudged colors on the background, so I gently wiped it off with baby wipe and covered up the entire background with Cobalt Blue Zig Pen, blending out with the water brush. I let it dry completely, then trimmed the panel to 4″x5.25″.
- I made a standard A2 size cardbase with Neenah Solar White 110lbs, swiped the edges with Versamark, and heat embossed with Artemis Silver Snow embossing powder. It creates beautiful subtle silver sparkle background.
- I stamped the sentiment on a black cardstock strip with Versamark and heat embossed in white. I trimmed it down to fit on the card.
- I wrapped silver embroidery thread around the watercolor panel and adhered it to the cardbase with Scor-tape. I adhered the sentiment banner with 3m foam tape.