Hello Everyone! Hope you are doing well! My little girl and I just gone through a horrible stomach flu! We couldn’t even hold down liquids so Zofran was prescribed to prevent further dehydration. It was a horrible one and I’m so glad we are ok now. Phew!
Well, I wasn’t well enough to create anything for days, but I did create some cards last week and I’d like to share one today. I’m quite fond of Avery Elle‘s new release, and I did purchase few sets on the release day. One of the set I fell in love is called “Canopy.” It’s an amazing floral image, perfect for watercoloring.
Here is the card I made:
Here is how I created this card:
- I stamped the image on the Arches Coldpress 140lb Watercolor paper with Versamark ink and heat embossed with WOW Superfine white embossing powder. I wiped the watercolor paper with the EK Success Powder Tool before stamping, so the embossing powder would only stick on the ink.
- Then I dropped some colors on the centers of the flowers and the leaves with the Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens and blended them out with the Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen. The colors I used are (Blue, Persian Blue, Light Green, and Deep Green.
- When the watercolor panel was dried, I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Black Onyx Ink, using the MISTI tool.
- I trimmed the panel to 4″x5.25″ and adhered it on the 4.25″x5.5″ black card base.
- I finished the card by adding some clear dropplets from Pretty Pink Posh, and thin twine on the top of the card.