I would like to share a card I made for a dear friend of mine. I used an Altenew stamp set called “Peony Bouquet.” It’s a beautiful set and it was so popular, it got sold out almost immediately when it was released. I had to patiently wait for the restock! 🙂 For this card, I wanted to keep it simple and elegant. I hope my friend likes this card! ^.~*
Here is the card I made:
Here is how I made this card:
- I made a top folding vertical A2 size kraft card base with Neenah Desert Storm card stock. I placed polka dot stencil on top of the card base and applied Hero Arts Unicorn White Pigment ink with round ink blending tool, mainly on the right bottom corner. I let it dry completely.
- I layer stamped the peony and 2 big leaves with Altenew Crisp dye inks. The colors I used are “Lavender Fields,” “Deep Iris,” “Midnight Violet,” “Frayed Leaf,” Forest Glades,” and “Evergreen.” Then I fussy cut out the images. I added some more depth by applying some Tim Holtz Distress inks on the edge of the images. The colors I used are “Wilted Violet” and “Mowed Lawn”
- I decided where to place the cut images on the card. With this in mind, I put the fussy cut images aside and layer stamped the rest of the images directly on the card base with the same ink colors.
- I stamped the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink using Misti tool. Sentiment is from Altenew “Beautiful Day” stamp set.
- I adhered the fussy cut images where I decided to place them. I used foam tape for the Peony flower to give a bit of dimension.
- I finished the card by adding some Pretty Pink Posh Clear Droplets.