Hello everyone! It’s Jenny here and I am over on The Ton blog today! Hope you could stop by! 🙂
Today, I would like to share a fun shaker card I made using our Darling Flamingo stamp set, Geometric Lattice Background Cling stamp, and the Pink glitter tape from the glitter tape sample pack! It’s full of shimmer, sparkle fun, and flamingos!!! I had so much fun layer stamping these cute flamingos!
Here is the card!
Here is how I made this card:
- I layer stamped the flamingos from our Darling Flamingos stamp set on Neenah solar white 80lb cardstock using all 3 of our Peony Collection inks for the body, and 2 inks (Found Topaz & Aspen Cocoa) from Cocoa Collection Couture Color inks for the legs. I used our Noir dye ink for the beaks. I fussy cut and put them aside.
- I stamped the Geometric Lattice Background Cling stamp on the white cardstock with Noir ink twice (to make it more moist), I quickly applied clear embossing powder, heat set it, and cut it down to 3.75″ square.
- To create the shaker frame, I cut down a black cardstock to 4″ square, and die cut a circle in the middle. Then I stamped the sentiment with the VersaMark ink and heat embossed with Gold embossing powder. I also wiped the edges with the VersaMark and heat embossed with Gold Tinsel embossing powder. I cut down an acetate sheet slightly smaller than the black cardstock, and taped it down on the back of the black panel. I also die cut a black fun foam to 3.75″ square, and adhered it on top of the acetate. I like using 3mm fun foams for shaker frames as it gives sequins more room to move inside the frame.
- Then I put strong adhesive around the fun foam, filled it with our Medallion Gold sequins in mixed sizes, and closed the shaker frame with the lattice background.
- On a 4.25″ square black card base, I applied our Pink Glitter tape from the sample pack around the edges. Oh I love our glitter tapes! It holds well, easy to use, and the sparkle is just so gorgeous!
- I adhered the shaker on the cardstock, also the flamingos, and finished the card off by adding some gold thread and our gold and pink sequins. I also gave the flamingos a bit of shimmer, using Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen.
That’s it for today! Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this fun shaker card!
Have a fabulous day!