Hello everyone! It’s Jenny here and I hope you are having a wonderful day! It’s my husband’s birthday today, and I would love to share the birthday card I made for him. I tried to make it not-so-feminine as much as possible, and used lots of blue, which is his favorite color! 🙂
I used Simon Says Stamp’s Sketch Ranunculus stamp set for this card, and I quite like how the card turned out, although it may have not turned out so masculine! lol!
Let me show you the card!
- I stamped the ranunculus images on a Bristol card stock with Versamark and heat embossed with Wow Silver embossing powder. I colored the images with various of blue and green zig markers and blended out with Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen. I let it dry completely and fussy cut them out.
- On a A2 sized Bristol cardstock, I ink blended over the stripe stencil. The Distress ink pad colors I used are Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon, and Blueprint Sketch. I let it dry, moved the stencil up a little, and smooshed Versamark on the cardstock, over the stencil. I removed the stencil, stamped the polka dots, using The Ton’s Polka Dot Background stamp, and heat embossed with Wow Silver embossing powder. I didn’t dust off the stray powders on the cardstock for the messy and playful look. I trimmed the panel down to 4″x5.25″
- Then, I stamped the big Happy Birthday sentiment from Mama Elephant’s Birthday Wishes stamp set on a strip of vellum with Versamark, and heat embossed with Wow White embossing powder. I wrapped the sentiment vellum around the background panel and secured it with adhesive on the back of the panel. I cut down a white fun foam slightly smaller than the background panel and adhered it on the back with the Scor-tape.
- I covered entire front of the A2 sized white card base with Silver Glitter paper from American Crafts, adhered the background panel on top, and adhered all the colored images some using 3M foam tape to give more dimensions.
- I finished the card off by adding some clear sequins of various of sizes and I also added some white dots on the flowers with Signo Gel pen to add more interest.
That’s all for today! Hope you enjoyed this card and thank you for stopping by!
Have a fabulous day!