Hello, everyone! It’s Jenny here and I’m back with the new The Ton Monthly Challenge project!
Hope you join us for the month of April!
The theme for April is “Anything Goes!“
Here is how to play:
To participate in our challenge, create a paper crafting project based on the theme “Anything Goes”.
- You must use a Ton product as the main focal point of your card or tag.
- Display the cue word/inspiration photo on your blog post and include a link to this challenge in the body of your post.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you wish to enter into the challenge.
- The winning project will be chosen based upon detail, composition and aesthetics.
- Enter your card by April 30, 2017 by 12:55pm EST.
Please visit The Ton’s CHALLENGE BLOG for more info.
For today’s project, I created a sweet and feminine card using the Sweet Macaron stamp set & Coordinating Dies, Beautiful Butterflies1 set & Coordinating Dies, Macarons Stamp set for the sentiment, and the Polka Dot Cling Background stamp. Pink is my absolute favorite color and I really love the combination of pink, white, and mint on the kraft cardstock.
Let’s take a look at the card I created! 🙂
Here’s how I created this card:
- I started the card by stamping the macaron tower image from the Sweet Macarons stamp set on a white smooth cardstock in Copic safe Caviar Hybrid ink. Then I stamped the layers using both Ballet Slippers Dye and Hollywood Star Dye ink, using the rock-and-roll technique to create bit more interest. I colored the platters and the flower with Copic markers and added in some shaing with Prismacolor color pencils. I also added some white highlights using the white gel pen. I die cut the image using the Coordinating die.
- I stamped 4 different butterfly images from the Beautiful Butterflies1 stamp set on the vellum in Versamark ink and heat embossed in white. I die cut all the images with the Coordinating dies.
- I stamped the sentiment from the Macarons set on a strip of a vellum in Versamark and heat embossed in white.
- I created the fun background by stamping the Polka Dot Cling Background stamp twice on the kraft cardstock, first in Hampton White Pigment ink and then in Hollywood Star Dye ink. When the pigment ink was dry, I added bit of color pencils on some of the dots. I trimmed the panel down to 4×5.25″, added the sentiment strip on the bottom and adhered it on a white A2 sized card base.
- Then I adhered the macaron tower image with 3M foam tape, and glued down all the butterflies around the image.
- I finished the card by adding some My Tutu and Glass Slippers sequins.
That’s all from me today! Hope you enjoyed this card and would visit The Ton’s Challange Blog to join this month’s challenge!
Thank you for stopping by! Happy crafting!