Spend $75 or more: Receive a free pack of our new Guava Sparkle Couture Mix
Spend $100 or more: Receive a 2×3 Sunflower Cluster Mini Stamp (and Guava Sparkle Mix)
Spend $150 or more: Receive a 2×3 Peony Cluster Mini Stamp (and Sunflower Cluster Mini Set and Guava SparkleMix).
*Incentive products will not be available for purchase in our shop until May*
Hello, Everyone! It’s Jenny here, and welcome to the Day 1 of The Ton’s Spring 2017 Release Week! We will be showcasing lots of beautiful new products this week. For today, I made few cards using Fresh Cut Sunflowers, Sunflower Bouquet, and the Peony Cluster Mini (GWP item)! I can’t wait to show them… so… Let’s get started! 🙂
Here is the first card!
For this card, I used our new Fresh Cut Sunflowers, 6×8 Clear stamp set. This is a layer stamp set and it was so easy to line the them up! I didn’t really have a plan when I started stamping the sunflower images. However, when I was done stamping, I thought the rustic would work so that’s the look I went with!
Here’s how I created this card:
- I started by stamping the layers of the sunflower images and the leaves. The inks I used for the flower I used are Beach Blondie, Amber Citrine, Coral Cavern, Warm Hazelnut, and Aspen Cocoa. For the leaves and the stems, I used the Crystal Garden Collection. When I was done with stamping, I cut the images out. I fussed around with the images, made a bouquet and secured them with tape and also foam tape for dimension.
- On a A2 sized black card base, I adhered a burlap cardstock cut down to 4″x5.5″. Then I adhered the sunflower bouquet. I also stamped the sentiment on a black cardstock in Versamark and heat embossed in white. I cut the sentiment down to a small banner shape and adhered it on the card.
- For added interest, I wrapped some jute twine on top of the card and finished the card by adding sequins from our new Belle’s Dress Couture Mix.
Let’s move on to the second card!
I created a bright cheerful card using out new Sunflower Bouquet 4×6 Clear stamp set. I really love this happy mix of yellow, orange, and pop of turquoise!
- I started the card by stamping the sunflower bouquet image and the sentiment (from the Fresh Cut Sunflowers set) on a Bristol Smooth cardstock in our Noir Dye ink. I stamped multiple time using Misti then I quickly sprinkled clear embossing powder and heat set.
- I colored the image with Stabilo 68 pens + water. When it was completely dry, I added bit of color pencil here and there to darken the shading. I die cut the panel using the biggest layer from the Double Stitched Rectangle (small) Dies.
- To create the turquoise background panel, I smudged Hot Tourmaline Dye ink on a Bristol Smooth cardstock. When the panel was dry, I die cut the panel using the biggest layer from the Double Stitched Rectangle (large) Dies. I adhered the background panel on a A2 sized white card base.
- Then I adhered the watercolored panel using the fun foam and finished the card by adding some sequins from the Belle’s Dress Couture Mix and Glass Slippers Round Confetti (Mixed). I also added bit of shimmer using the Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen.
Last but not least, here is the 3rd and the final card for today!
I made a shiny gold and purple shaker card using our new Peony Cluster Mini 2×3 Clear stamp set. This stamp set is a “Gift With Purchase – GWP” item and I’m totally in love with it! I have so many ideas how to use this petite little stamp set!
Here’s how I made this card!
- I started by stamping the Peony image on a Bristol Smooth carstock in Versamark and heat embossed in gold. I also borrowed some leaf images from both Fresh Cut Sunflowers and the Coordinating Outlines stamp set. I colored all the heat embossed images using Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. When the images were completely dry, I cut them out.
- I adhered our Gold Glossy Fine Glitter paper on a piece of white cardstock and cut a circular frame using the 3rd largest layer from the Double Stitched Circle Small Die set and the 4th largest layer from the Large Circle set.
- On a smooth cardstock cut down to 4″x5.5″ and another cut down to a smaller size, I splattered gold paint all over and let it dry completely.
- I cut a window out on the bigger gold splattered panel using the 3rd largest layer from the Double Stitched Circle Small Die and adhered the acetate and double layer of foam tape to create the shaker frame. I filled the shaker frame with Medallion Gold Mixed sequins, Crystal Flora Sequins, Belle’s Dress Couture Mix, and the Violet Sprinkle Couture Mix. I sealed the shaker frame with the smaller gold splattered panel.
- I adhered the Burnished Yellow Gold Fold Tape on the sides of a white A2 card base and adhered the shaker card. Then I adhered the Peony and the leaves, some using foam tape.
- I finished the card off by adding some sequins from both Belle’s Dress Couture Mix and Violet Sprinkle Couture Mix. I also added bit of shimmer on the Peony with Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen.
The Ton is giving away an additional ten $10 gift certificates! Comments will be chosen from each of our design team member blogs during Days 1-4 of Release Week.
Hope you join us for the April challenge at The Ton’s CHALLENGE BLOG!
The theme for April is “Anything Goes“
To participate in our challenge, create a paper crafting project based on the theme “Anything Goes”.
- You must use a Ton product as the main focal point of your card or tag.
- Display the cue word/inspiration photo on your blog post and include a link to this challenge in the body of your post.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you wish to enter into the challenge.
- The winning project will be chosen based upon detail, composition and aesthetics.
- Enter your card by April 30, 2017 by 12:55pm EST.
Please visit The Ton’s CHALLENGE BLOG for more info.
I hope you enjoyed today’s projects. Don’t forget to return tomorrow for the Day 2 of our Spring 2017 Release Week!
Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!