Hello, everyone! Hope you are all having a wonderful summer. Today is the first day of August, and the new The Ton’s Challenge “Summer” is now live!
Hope you’d join for a chance to win a $50 spree to The Ton’s shop!
*Gift certificates only apply to The Ton Stamps, Dies, Ink, Gilding, and Embossing Powder.
Here is how to play:
To participate in our challenge, create a paper crafting project based on the monthly theme.
- You must use a Ton product as the main focal point of your card or tag.
- Display the cue word/inspiration photo on your blog post and include a link to this challenge in the body of your post.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you wish to enter into the challenge.
- The winning project will be chosen based upon detail, composition and aesthetics.
- Enter your card by August 31, 2017 by 12:55pm EST.
- There is a $50 Gift card that will go to the winning entry!
Please visit The Ton’s CHALLENGE BLOG for more info.
This month’s theme is Summer, and I thought it’d be perfect opportunity to create a clear acetate card combining few of our fun summer stamp sets! It reminds me of the clear vinyl beach bag that I carry in the summer. 🙂 I’m featuring our Wave stamp set +Die, Palm Tree stamp set + Dies, and the Mountains stamp set. I had so much fun creating this card and can’t wait to share the process!
Here’s the card!
I started the card by stamping all the layers of the images with my MINI MISTI stamping tool.
Here is the list of The Ton’s Couture Color Dye Inks I used:
- Wave: Cali Blue, Azurite, and True Navy
- Palm Tree: Soft Garden, Bright Fern, Everglade Moss, Found Topaz, and Dark Roast
- Mountains: Crystal Pewter, Smoky Quartz, and Light Onyx
I created a top folding A2 sized card base out of sturdy clear acetate. I adhered the wave image on the from of the card. Then, I die cut a blank white wave using the coordinating die and adhered on the top inside to cover up the adhesives as well as create a blank space to write.
Next, I adhered the mountain and Palm Tress images on the card. I stamped the sentiment and the little seagulls in our Noir Dye ink. I also added strip of Glossy fine Silver Adhesive paper on the bottom for added interest. I finished the card by adding few Silver Metallic and the Glass Slippers sequins.
I think acetate cards are fun and different, and hope I was inspired you to give it a try!
That’s all from me today! Thank you for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful day!