Hello, everyone! Welcome to the day 1 of the So Suzy Stamps & The Ton Collaboration Hop! If you just came from Cornelia’s blog, you are at the right place! I am so excited to be a part of this amazing hop!
This is a fun collaboration between The Ton and So Suzy Stamps to showcase the styles of both stamp companies and the versatility of the designs of each. Each designer has created fun projects so be sure to hop along to see all the gorgeous inspiration. The hop continues until Wednesday and some of us designers will be creating and posting for each day of the hop. Be sure to follow us and check back the next couple of days to check out our collaboration projects!
Giveaways: $25 GC So Suzy Stamps, $25 The Ton and a fabulous Bunkie Bag that can hold your MISTI and other stamping supplies while you’re on the go! Leave a comment on the blogs by November 24, 11:59PM EST. Winners will be announced on November 25th for Black Friday Shopping
I created 2 cards for today’s hop, with black&gold on my mind, which is one of my favorite color combinations. I used The Ton’s Dog Life stamp set & Coordinating Dies, Haute Stripes Cling Background stamp, and So Suzy Stamps’ Rose Trio stamp to create the first card. For the second card, I used The Ton’s Pyrotechnics stamp set, Brushed Cheers stamp set, and So Suzy Stamps’ Carnival Border stamp.
Here is the first card:
- I started the card by stamping the Pug image from the Dog Life stamp set on a smooth white cardstock in our Copic-friendly Caviar Hybrid ink. I colored the image with various Copic Makers. I also stamped the sunglass image from the same set and turned it into a shutter glasses with gold gel pen. I die cut both images with our Dog Life Coordinating Dies.
- Then I stamped the Rose Trio image from So Suzy Stamps on the same cardstock and the ink. I colored the image with the Copic Markers, embellished with gold gel pen and fussy cut.
- I stamped the Haute Stripes Cling Background stamp on a smooth white cardstock in Versamark and heat embossed with gold sparkle embossing powder. I die cut the panel with the second largest die from our Double Stitched Rectangle Dies.
- I wiped the edges of a A2 sized black card base with Versamark ink and heat embossed with gold sparkle embossing powder.
- I stamped the sentiment on a black cardstock in Versamark and heat embossed in white. Then I trimmed it down to a little banner and heat embossed the edges with the gold sparkle embossing powder.
- I first adhered the gold stripe panel on the card base with the foam tape, wrapped some gold thread around it, and adhered the rest of the images.
- I finished the card off by adding some Medallion Gold sequins.
Here is the second card!
- I started the card by stamping So Suzy Stamps’ Carnival Border stamp on the bottom of a smooth white cardstock in our Noir Dye ink. Then, I stamped the “cheers” from our Brushed Cheers Stamp set in Light Onyx Dye ink with MISTI stamping tool. I stamped again in our Noir Dye ink, inking just the top portion this time. I applied some gold shimmer on the bottom portion and then heat embossed the whole “cheers” with clear embossing powder.
- I stamped few fireworks image from our Pyrotechnics stamp set on top of the panel in Versamark and heat embossed with gold sparkle embossing powder. I also heat embossed the bottom edge of the panel with the same powder.
- I stamped the sentiment on a strip of vellum in Versamark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I added some lines and dots with gold gel pen, wrapped it around the panel, and adhered it on the back. Then, I trimmed down a black fun foam slightly smaller than the panel and adhered it on the back.
- I adhered our Burnished Gold Foil Tape on top of a A2 sized black card base, then adhered the main panel.
- I finished the card by adding some Medallion Gold sequins.
I hope you enjoyed the cards and thank you for hopping with us! Next stop is super talented Giada!
Blop Hop Order
Jenny Lee <- You are here! 🙂
Have an amazing day!