Every other Monday will mark the beginning of a new semi-weekly Linky Party over
at the CDD blog.
We hope you will share your projects with us! And don’t forget
about the prizes! Every Linky Party will have a winner and a Top 3!
The more times you link up…the more chances you have to win!!
Our Sponsors for this Linky Party are:
Here is what I made..
I have created a cute shaker card with “Busy Bees” Stamp set and “Heart of Heart” die set. I went with bright orange and yellows to make the card fun and cheerful.
Here is how I created this card:
2. I prepared the background panel by ink blending Distress inks (Wild Honey, Carved Pumkin, and Ripe Persimmon) on watercolor paper
. With Stripe stencil on top of the background panel, I gently wiped the open areas with baby wipes. I also applied some water droplets to add interest. After I let it dry completely, I die cut it with “Fancy Frames
” die, and “Heart of Heart
” in the middle.
3. I applied foam tape
around the heart and filled it with Green Heart sequins
and the little hearts I’ve been saving. Whenever I use the big heart from the “Heart of Heart
” die, I save the little hearts aside to use it in the shaker or as embellishments. I added orange, red, and clear acetate hearts in this shaker. I sealed the shaker by adding yellow cardstock on the back.
4. I stamped “I love you” sentiment from the “Simply said
” stamp set with Versamark
, and heat embossed in white.
5. I adhered the shaker and all the other elements on the card base with Scor-tape. (1/2
” & 1/4
Here are all the CDD products I used:
Hope you enjoyed this card! Happy crafting and Hope you could join our Linky Party!
Hello friends! Today is Day 3 of the January release Day 3!
There is Facebook Sneak Peek hop and giveaways for the New Release! Go to https://www.facebook.com/craftindesertdivas to join the fun and hop along!
I have created 2 cards for today, using CDD’s new stamp set called “Lovies” and a mini gopher stamp set called “Popped Up.”
- For this card, I chose the giraffes out of many adorable animal couples from the set. I stamped the giraffe couple image on Neenah Solar white 80lb. cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, fussy cut, and colored it with copic markers. I gave it a little more interest by adding some dots with white Gelly Roll pen and glossy accents on the hearts.
- For the background, I used the negative part the “Hearts of Hearts” (CDD January release) as stencil. I smooshed Versamark and heat embossed in Gold Tinsel. I also stamped and heat embossed the sentiment “I adore you” the same way, and rounded all 4 corners with the Corner Chomper.
- I prepared the 4.25″x5.5″ Neenah 110lb card base by coloring the edges with pink color Copic Maker, swiped the edges with Versamark and heat embossed in Gold Tinsel.
- I wrapped the background panel with gold embroidery thread and adhered it on the card base with the foam tape. Then I adhered the giraffes, and the gold heat embossed sentiment “It’s not a stretch to say” in the middle.
- I finished the card by adding some “Bubble Gum” Glitter Sprinkles and glossy accents.
“Popped Up” card:
- For this card, I stamped the gopher image from CDD new release mini stamp set “Popped Up” on Neenah Solar White 80lb. cardstock, fussy cut, and colored with Copic Markers.
- I used CDD’s “Stiched in Circle” Dies and “Banner” Dies to create the frame for the shaker. I colored the scallop frame with Copic Makers and put white dots around with white Gelly Roll pen.
- I stamped the sentiment on the acetate window with Staz-on black ink.
- I put foam tape around the frame, filled it with “Sweetness” Sequin Mix, and sealed it with the patterned paper. The patterned papers I used on this card are from the 6″x6″ paper pad called “Sweet Things“(available at CDD shop).
- I adhered the stripe patterned paper 4.25″x5.5″ on the Neenah 110b. card base. Then I adhered the shaker and the gopher on the card.
- I finished the card by adding some “Bubble Gum” and “Cupcake” Glitter Sprinkles. I also tied twine on top of the card.
I hope you enjoyed my cards today! Stay tuned for CDD’s January Release Blog Hop this Friday and Saturday! (1/22 &1/23/16)
Thank you for visiting and don’t forget to follow~ ^.~*
Have an awesome crafty day!
Sorry I’ve been quiet. My kiddo was sick and stayed home with me for many days, so I couldn’t get much done. I was also occupied with design team projects as well. My daughter was able to go back to school few days ago, so I’m trying to catch-up on both personal and DT projects. By the way, CDD will be having Sneak Peek hop from Jan 18 ~ Jan 23! Some of my first DT projects will be showcased during this event, so I’m hoping you guys could join the fun and hop along! There will be giveaways during the hop! 🙂 CDD January release is packed with cuteness! I cannot wait for you guys to see and get your hands on them! You can see all the CDD January Sneak Peek Hop info here. I created my fan page https://www.facebook.com/HandmadebyJLY/ , and you will be able to see my CDD projects there once the hop goes live! Hope you see you guys there! 🙂
Now, here are the 3 cards I created!
I created these cards to send out to my friends for different occasions. The card design is very simple. One colored image, a sentiment, and some embellishments. However, I did put effort in coloring the images for each card with different coloring mediums.
I used the watering can stamp from “Home Sweet Home” set from CDD, and the sentiments are from “Say It Big” stamp set.
- Peerless Watercolors are pigmented sheets of paper. You can pick up the colors right off the sheets with water brushes or regular watercolor brushes, and transfer the pigments to the palette to blend, or apply directly to your projects. For this card, I stamped the water can image on Canson XL watercolor paper with Tim Holtz distress ink in “Antique Linen” for no-line coloring. Distress ink reactivates with water and this color blends in with the rest of the colors, so it’s perfect ink for this purpose. Then I colored the image with various colors from Peerless Watercolors palette. I applied many layers of lighter shades instead of applying concentrated pigments. This helps to achieve better blending and depth. Then I stamped the greeting “Hello” with Versafine Black Onyx ink (watercolor friendly), and heat set with clear embossing powder. I cut down the watercolor paper to 4″x5.25″, rounded the corners .5″ with the corner chomper, and adhered it on the 4.25″x5.5″ black card base with the .5″ score tape. I finished the card with some Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins.
- Copic markers are alcohol based markers. They are pricey, but it’s a good investment in my opinion. For this card, I stamped the image on Neenah solar white 80 lb. cardstock with Memento Black Tuxedo ink (copic friendly). I colored it with copics, blending various colors. Then I stamped “Thank you,” with Versafine Black Onyx ink and heat set with clear embossing powder. I trimmed the paper down to 4″x5.25″ and adhered on black card base, and adhered some clear droplets.
- Prismacolor colored pencils are high quality pencils. It blends well and easy to use. I stamped the image on same paper and ink pad I used on the copic marker card above. I stamped “Happy Birthday” and heat set just like the other 2 cards. For this card, I rounded the corners .5″ both card stock (4″x5.5″) and the card base (4.25×5.5″), and embellished with the hemp cord. I also added some clear droplets.
Colors I used:
- Peerless Watercolors: Royal Crimson, Blood Red, Pearl Gray, Natural Tint, Warm Sepia, Brilliant Yellow, Orange Yellow, Hunter’s Green, Olive Green.
- Copic markers: C1, C3, C5, W1, W3, W5, R27, R29, R39, Y15, Y17, YR04, G07, G19, YG13
- Prismacolor colored pencils: 1058, 1054, 1060, 915, 1002, 942, 913, 1005, 908, 923, 924, 1052, 1056
Hope you enjoyed these cards! Thank you for visiting and have a wonderful crafty day!
Please don’t forget to follow! ^.~*
I am happy to announce that I’ll be joining Craftin Desert Divas Design Team! I am honored and excited to be a part of this amazing team of designers. I am grateful for this wonderful oppertunity. I am over the moon!!! Please cheer me on my new journey as a designer!
Thank you for visiting my blog!
Please don’t forget to follow! (follow button is on the side ^.~)
Have an amazing weekend!
Hello friends! Hope you are having a fabulous Friday! TGIF!!!
Today, I’d like to share this colorful watercolor card with you. The bird stamp is called “A New Day” from WPlus9, and it’s perfect if you like to water color just like I do! 🙂 Dawn at WPlus9 is a genius in water coloring, so I guess it’s not a surprise that her stamps are great for that.
Here is step by step how I created this card:
- First, I stamped the image with Versafine Black Onyx Ink on the Canson XL water color paper and heat set it with Wow! Ultrafine Clear embossing powder. This embossing powder is my favorite clear embossing powder to heat set images with fine details.
- I colored the image with Peerless Watercolors and the Pentel waterbrush. The blue highlight around the image was colored with Tim Holtz distress inks. The colors I used are all listed at the end of this post.
- Then I stamped the sentiment. I picked up this fabulous woodblock stamp last weekend from Hobby Lobby (manufacturer is Hampton Art). It was supposed to be 40% off, but the discount wasn’t applied at the register. Don’t you hate it when that happens? Ugh! But I love this stamp regardless! I did also stamp the sentiment and heat set it with the same products I used for the bird image.
- I felt like the card needed a “frame”, so I drew the lines around the image with the micron pens with .5 tip. This is something I learned during the 30day coloring challenge hosted by Kathy Racoosin. Are you guys ready for the new February coloring challenge? Well, I am!
- I adhered the water color front panel on the black card base with the 3M foam tape, and finished the card by adhering some droplets from Pretty Pink Posh with multi medium matte adhesive.
Thank you for visiting HandmadebyJLY!
Have a fabulous weekend, everyone!
Please do not hesitate to ask me any other questions should you have!
You can do so by leaving comment below, or you can reach me at Instagram. My Instagram id is @skycookiemom .
Peerless watercolors I used:
for the bird: Japonica Scarlet, Blood Red, Brilliant Yellow, Cobalt Blue, Turquoise Blue, Pearl Gray, and Warm Sepia
for the tree: Mahogany Brown, Sepia Brown, Olive Green, Chrome Green, and Alizarine Red
Distress inks for the blue outline: Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean.