Good Morning Honey Bees! Welcome to the August release Honey Hop!!!
All this week, you’ve been seeing little sneaks of awesome new stamp sets and dies from Honey Bee Stamps! Tomorrow the new release goes live and to celebrate, we are showing you some beautiful projects today!!!
What’s a Honey Hop without some sweet prizes, right? This time we not only have one awesome prize pack but TWO!! One winner will win the zen florals pack (Zen florals, Zen Bouquet, and each of their matching die sets) and the second winner will win the Alpha prize pack! (Color me alpha stamp set, sentiment alpha stamp set, and color me alpha die set). All you have to do to win is comment here on the Honey Bee Stamps blog and again at each one of our designer’s blogs by Sunday August 28th. Winner will be announced on Monday August 29th at Noon PST.
So Hop along and get ready to BEE inspired!
In case you get lost, here is the blog hop order:
Jenny <—- That’s me! I’m your last stop! 🙂
We *might* just have a few other surprises in store this week, so be sure to check in on our facebook page as well as our Instagram!Thanks for hopping with us!
I created 2 cards using the Zen Floral stamp set and couple of new word dies & embellishments. The Zen Floral stamp set consists of a beautifully illustrated zen florals border image, as well as loose blooms and leaves. This set is super versatile and fun to color! I made one card using the border image, and another with some loose floral images.
For the first card, I created a card with the loose images from the Zen Floral stamp set with blue, green, and silver on my mind! I love this color combination and it was a wonderful match with the striking Zen Floral images.
Here is the card:
- I stamped some loose floral images from the Zen Floral stamp set on the Bristol paper with The Ton’s Noir ink. I colored the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens, blending the colors with the Spectrum Noir Sparkle Clear pen. I let it dry completely, and cut the images.
- On a A2 sized Bristol paper, I ink blended with distress inks (Salty Ocean and Blueprint Sketch). I also created the stripe background by laying the stripe stencil and wiping the colors out with the baby wipe. I wiped the edges with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with Artemio Silver Snow embossing powder and adhered it on a white card base.
- I die cut a square on the middle of a Bristol paper and trimmed it down slightly smaller than the card base. I ink blended and heat embossed the edges the same way as the other panel and created a shaker window, using the 3mm fun foam. I adhered the shaker window panel filled with the new Clear Diamonds and some clear sequins and adhered it on the card base. I fell in love with the mini diamond embellishments “Clear Diamonds” immediately! So beautiful and a must have!
- Then I assembled and adhered the watercolored zen floral images on 2 corners of the window. I also adhered the sentiment from the Beautiful Life stamp set (heat embossed in white) with a piece of foam tape to pop it up.
- I die cut the word die “fabulous” from a silver glitter cardstock and a black cardstock, layered them slightly off-set and ran through the Xyron Create-a-Sticker machine. I laid down some silver embroidery thread in the middle of the card and adhered the die cut on top.
- I finished the card off by adding some Dew Drops as well as the Clear Diamonds. I also added some white dots on the floral images using Signo white gel pen.
Now moving on the the second card! For this card, I used the beautiful Zen floral border image from the Zen Floral stamp set. I really love this border image! You could just stamp and color to create beautiful background!
Here is the card!
- I started out by stamping the floral border image on one side of a A2 sized Bristol paper with The Ton’s Noir ink using Mini Misti stamping tool. Then I flipped the paper around and stamped the same image on the opposite side.
- I colored the image with Stabilo68 pens and colored the background with Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens. Both were blended with clear water using the water brush. I let it dry completely and trimmed it down to 4″x5.5″.
- I die cut the new word die “Beautiful” out of a piece of gold glitter cardstock, as well as a black fun foam. I glued them together to create more dimension.
- I also die cut the same word die on a black cardstock trimmed down to 2.5″x5.5″ and stamped the sentiment from the Beautiful Life stamp set with VersaMark ink and heat emblossed with gold embossing powder. Then adhered it (the negative part only) on the gold glitter cardstock, which is slightly larger vertically. The negative part of the black card stock worked as a guide for placement of the word die cut on the card.
- On a A2 sized black card base, I adhered the watercolored panel layered with the gold glitter cardstock, and the black cardstock in the middle of the card. I also glued the word die cut and finished the card off by adding some sequins from the Autumn Sunset Sequin mix.
That’s all from me today! 🙂 Thank you for hopping with Honey Bee Stamps and don’t forget to leave comments to be entered to win prizes!
I hope you are inspired with amazing creations from the fabulous designers!
Thank you for stopping by! Have a fabulous day!